Tuesday 30 March 2010

My Role In The Group



I was the director for our group, and so while we were on location I led the actors artistically and the camera technically. Although as a group before filming, we all created the storyboard, I improvised some creative shots while on location, such as the tracking shot behind the fence of the girl.


(this is a picture of the tracking shot)




However, while filming, I encountered several problems that I had to solve, such as our first location becoming unavailable as the play-area in a park was closed down for renovation. We then had to go to another park, however the playground area was too busy, so we had to change it to the forest part of the park. Therefore we had to change the plot of the opening sequence, which I directed on the spot.

Another problem that we faced, was trying to get the public out of shots, which was difficult as we were filming in a public place. Also, as we did not have high-tech resources or money, we could not use any special effects such as CGI to make the mutants appear more scary and active/"super-human". However, from this I have learnt how to overcome these problems by improvising with the location and resources (e.g. make-up and costume) that we have, trying to make the opening sequence as creative and realistic as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment